Saturday, December 5, 2009

We received a new wool quilt a few weeks back. It was sent to us by his grandmother, who made it especially for him, and has been sitting in our spare room.

Yesterday, I decided it was time for flannel sheets on the bed - one thing I love about winter. Just to try it out, I put the wool quilt on the bed last night, and took off the extra blanket.

Sooo cozy. I even turned off my space heater (I get cold fast!) and just slept under my flannel sheets, single blanket, and nice wool quilt. Cozy as a bug in a rug - and I love being toasty in bed!

***

Here's your public service reminder: lots of folks in this country weren't half as warm as I was last night. If you have extra blankets lying around the house, please look up what organization in your area collects blankets for the homeless. A good place to start is by calling/visiting the website for your local TV station. Kare11 in the Twin Cities will get them in the right hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment