Friday, June 11, 2010

Granted, I spent a large chunk of my life with someone who cherished beer from an academic position - what makes the different brews, tasting new beers, microbrews, brewing his own, etc. And I came to appreciate it as such as well. I won't tell you I feel like a beer, I'll tell you if I want a wheat or an ale or a stout.

So standing in front of the wall of coolers at my local liquor store, looking at about 50 ft of beers - and most of it good beers, regional brews, things you don't find just anywhere - gives me a huge sense of "Look what I have yet to explore!" The Full Sail we discovered in Oregon, the Sierra Nevada I've always loved, the new varieties of Leinenkugels and Schells.... it was difficult to just grab a six-pack of Guinness and walk away. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment